My husband put Angel’s favourite cat bed on his lap.
Angel was actually very okay with this.
She was kneading so hard and purring so loud!
Knead, purr, knead, purr, knead, purr…
According to their human, Mr. Baz and his sister Nush suffered “agonising” deaths. Their vet explained, “Mr Baz’s lungs had collapsed. He had no strength, was dehydrated and hypothermic, with a temperature considerably below normal. I had strong suspicions he’d been poisioned,”
Of course, letting the Abys outside on their own probably wasn’t the wisest thing to do, but in the UK, Europe and Scandinavia, cats are allowed outside more than they are in North America. And perhaps neutering the twin Abys would have prevented them straying and spraying as much as they did.
Still, regardless of the Abys’ owner’s mistakes, what kind of psychopath poisons cats because they were “leaving nasty smells and pooing in the garden” and the “grandchildren liked to eat the fruit, but we had to be careful because of the cats.” Seriously? Seems to me a fine-meshed fence could have been built around the precious strawberries, or, you know, the kids could have washed the strawberries before eating them.